Feb 25, 2011

A Gentleman’s Guide to Staying Cool

Call her the next day.   The “wait three days rule” will always be cool to break.

A gentleman never publicly worries, complains, or comments about money.  A gentleman who is cool never hesitates to pick up a tab or loan to a friend in need.  Remember, if you’re making more than 2 dollars a day, you’re considered in the top 3% of the richest people on the planet.  

At a lunch, give your credit card to the waiter before you’re seated.  This ends the debate when the meal is finished before it even starts.

Make eye contact with a woman.  Then buy her a drink before going on your way, and leave it at that.  The transaction is over, and she’ll be left thinking about you the rest of the night.

Displaying your masculinity at the bar or club is never cool. 
The cooler you are, the less of your phone I should see.  This is not a green light for your wireless earpiece to be worn at all times. You’re not as cool as you think you are.

Don’t be afraid to make decisions, even if you’re not the authoritative type.  Call the shot.  Whether or not your gun is loaded, pull the trigger.

Stay cool by being creative on dates.  Anything is better than going for drinks.  Take her for a balloon ride, a hike, or bowling and forget to keep score.  Play cards in the park, or even steal street signs if she’s the mischievous type.

Never lose your cool.  This is very un-cool.

Throwing up is never cool unless you’re with the band.

Facebook is a public place.  Stay cool by staying mysterious.  Lose the inside jokes and status updates every 30 minutes. And that picture from college of you with a funnel, standing on a keg, and your best friend, Pete, licking your face…untag yourself, brother.

Make your yes’s mean yes, and your no’s mean no.

Always speak with confidence no matter the subject matter.

Lose the baggy clothes unless you make millions performing gangster rap.

16 comments:

  1. Nonsense! Do you drink? I'm only rich as far as the rate of currency is to each country (but yes you should always be grateful). Give your credit card in the beginning.. uhm are we at McDonalds?
    Wow and a hot air balloon date with a dvd player in the basket watching the movie UP! Omg do you know how hard it is to steal street signs!

    P.S. I like your niqaabi type of picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO u kill me !!! i laughed out loud. I didnt write thiss!!! BUT I THOUGHTTT IT WAS TRUE!!! say ur at like a business lunch, and u dont wana do the whole debate who is going to pay, so u give ur credit card first to get it done with. I always do that!!! and yea stealing a street sign would be a toughy! BUT hot air baloon with the dvd player and watching up! HOLLY THAT WUD BE amazing!!! thats on my to do list ! hot air balloon :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you didn't write this, fair enough. I should pick a bone with the person that did then. Hahaha I like how your clarified my McDonald comment and used "Business Lunch" surrounding. Okay once my cousin and me were at the hospital for my uncle and so it was late at night after midnight. We were waiting in the lounge area and we were hungry for some chocolate and my cousin just had daal and rice in a container (I don't how he got that) so we went to the vending machine that in the lounge but it only took coins and we had bills and no one around to give us change. So we're smack in downtown, and we go outside the hospital and my cousin is like there's a restaurant right there open. Fancy restaurant. I was hesitant but I'm like okay maybe if I go in and ask politely for change. So I tell my cuz to stay outside and I go in and I'm about to ask the waiter if I can get some change my cousin walks in with daal and rice and the waiter is looking at us all weird and my cousin with his mouth full and the "white customers" looking at us, he asks if we could change I'm like -.- and the waiter is like we don't do that can you leave. So we walked around downtown for 20 mins found only one Timmies open, this was post-G20 so everything was being closed down. And oh we befriended a stripper/hooker and we were having a conversation about life... it got a bit weird at times but than we said Al vida to her and hoped for the best and then we saw 2 guys take her away in her home, I was like "OMG cousin two strangers are taking Candy away into there house, I think she needs our help" My cousin is like "Omg I think you're right" And I'm like "Candy!" I was going to say that's not the way to your hotel. But then we remembered her occupation. And just quickly walked away cause those guys looked mean. And yes we went back to the hospital. And left at 6ish am in the beautiful fresh morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's weird of me. I was really going to say I would never give my credit card first. But I guess if I was taking a girl out - now you've made me re-evaluate this whole scenario. Grrr.


    Oh and Your Welcome :D lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAOOOOOO omg that made me laugh so hard. That is something that would happen to me. meeting candy and all. i never asked, whats your name?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had this bandana on me and Candy is like oh I have it in this colour I'm look cool! I was about to hold it and she was telling me that she puts this on people's lap and grinds on it. I was like ewwww! Blah!

    Hm you can call me Clark Kent? lol Okay okay H.A.Khan (Yusuf).

    ReplyDelete
  7. EWWWWWWW HAHAHAHAHA dutty !! say word u wear a bandana. How old are you khan?

    that reminds me... my name is khan, and i am not a terrorist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol I don't wear a bandana you crazy banana. I just made my own bandana up with different colours. But I'm not in to that. I like to be peaceful. Stand for truth, justice and faith. I was born in 1988. You??

    Are you TAZ KHAN :O Nice, I'm not a terrorist either. We have alot in common lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOLLL NOOO my last names not khan but i think my grandpas is. U made ur own bandana up LMAO SO U STILL have a bandana!!! i also stand for truth justice and faith :) WOOHOOO!!

    yea im an 83

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pshh. You're so not no 1983 kid. You look like a little girl that has panic attacks.

    And I see you deleted your post, is it cause you put your real birth year and than you're like crap I should sound older than this Khan saab.

    No I don't wear the bandana. Obviously I have it - I sewed it with my own two hands! :$ But seriously what year... lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! oh mannnn khan thats exactly what i did HAHAHAHA but not cuz i wana look older!!!!! I was like SHIETTT this is a public PLACE!!! lmao ahhh well. 88 as well my friend.

    I look like a little girl that has panic attacks HAHAHAHAHA asshole!!! its true :(

    what a special bandana. sewed by khans 2 special hands. u must frame it! LOLLLL

    ReplyDelete
  13. :$ I was thinking of framing it when I made my own clothing brand.. :)

    Don't laugh at me! Or else I'll make you panic like you're on Titanic. Oooo! Okay never mind. I'd pee my pants in that case. The Taz effect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahahaha plz dont tell me thats ur future goal.

    ReplyDelete
  15. One of many future goals... Want to design me something? :P

    ReplyDelete