Oct 3, 2010

Nuit Blanche

So Last night I went to see the famous festival Nuit Blanche in downtown Toronto. As excited as i was to see the amazing art being displayed all around downtown i was as disappointed in seeing how boring and non artistic the whole town was. There were at least a half a million people just walking around smoking weed and causing noise. I was searching for art, and the closest i got was a giant clown balloon stuck in between two buildings...Wow...isnt that interesting. oh yes and an Asian dude singing Oprah in a language i cant recognize and i know at least 6 languages. How sad!

Never the less, I had the most amazing night with my best friend Adi. I expected Nuit Blanche to be the highlight of my night. Guess not. As Adi and I walked downtown we couldn't help but notice the people around us and how amusing it was to watch people put on a character. we saw a booth for virgin mobile and a swarm of people standing around it listening to the radio and people putting on a street dance. Then we saw many music bands playing music and so i started to do old Irish dance moves while Adi stood beside me in embarrassment. hehehe Later we walked by a strip club. Never have i ever stepped my foot into one of those before. As a jk he said wana go? I looked at him and said...wana? It has always been a curiosity and a trip thats on my list of things to do in life. So we decided to go inside. It was mad akward and weird as we noticed old people watching naked girls dance. So we had a little laugh and walked back out and carried on with our adventurous night.

We got hungry around 12am so he decided to treat us with FUNNEL CAKE!!! they were making them fresh on the street so we lined up for 20 mins just to eat funnel cake! i have to say, it was the most amazing funnel cake i have ever had. It was freezing outside and we were walking for hours. My feet started to hurt and we were both sleepy as hell! so we decided to head home. By the time we made it half way, I ALMOST FELL asleep and i wasn't sure how i was going to drive home alone. So he decided to buy me red bull. WHICH totally worked and kept me up the rest of the way. When i got home not only couldn't i sleep. i had a stomach ache, It was prolly from that amazing funnel cake but i refuse to believe it was.

Over all the disappointing night turned into a fun and adventurous night with my best friend! And i would do it all over again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment